top of page
Between 1947 and 1948 the church, at its inception was located at Mother Mercedees Goodman’s home.
Â
Elder Greshom came from California and helped to organize the church. He was in fact, the first Pastor before leadership was transferred over to Bishop L. V. Stitt.
Â
The saints sold dinners to raise money for the church to be built here. The membership at that time consisted of Elder and Sister Ford and their children, Mother and Dad Goodman, Mother Hawkins, Mother Payne and Mother McGuire. Mother McGuire was youngest member at the time. Later, Mom and Dad Byrd and Charles Byrd came to the church.
bottom of page